T Baby's Growth

pregnancy due date

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Casey’s Inspired

For those of you that have never had a "taco pizza" from Casey's I am truly apologetic! Their pizza is pretty much a religion to some (including my brother-in-law) and I was in desperate need of a "fix" last night! Since I didn't feel like making the 15 mile road trip last night to the closest pizza producing pump station, I make my very own "taco pizza".


I bought a pre-made pizza dough from the refrigerated section of our local Wal-Mart.

Browned 1lb of hamburger along with 1/2 a large onion (which I chopped in my new favorite kitchen appliance, my food processor!) then added a packet of taco seasoning to the mix.

Topped the pizza dough with the hamburger mixture and added a little cheese.

The next step is my favorite! We spend our whole life trying not to crumble up the potato chips in those flimsy foiled bag, but for once I got to stick it to the man... and crush away! (Since it was just T and I eating I grabbed a handful and did this step in a Ziploc baggie)
After about 10 minutes in the oven I just topped the hamburger meat with a little lettuce, crushed up Doritos, and taco sauce.

It may not be Casey's, but it will get ya by in a pinch!

No comments:

Post a Comment